What is Sedation Dentistry?
An hour before your appointment begins, you take a small pill which contains a sedative to relax you. By the time your companion has driven you to our office, you will be very drowsy. One of our team members will take escort you to our comfort room, cover you with a warm blanket, and begin monitoring your vital signs. Once you are comfortable settled, our highly trained doctors and experienced clinical staff will take care of your dental needs. At the end of your treatment, your companion will drive you home to finish your relaxing day.
In Sedation Dentistry:
– You will feel no pain.
– You will not be unconscious. Rather you will be in a deeply relaxed, but responsive state for up to six hours, depending on how much dental treatment you are receiving.
– One of our staff members will stay with you at all times and monitor your vital signs throughout your visit.
– We will ask you to take a small pill an hour prior to your dental treatment. The sedative works in such a way that you will have little or no memory of the sounds, smells, or other experiences you have in the dental chair.
– The sedative works even for people who are fearful or anxious or who have difficulty getting numb with a surface anesthetic.
– The dosage we will give you ensures that you will relax for up to five or six hours after taking the pill.
– Even complex dental treatments that would normally require five or six appointments can be done in as little as a single visit.
– Because the sedative you receive will make your very relaxed and drowsy, someone will need to drive you to and from our office.